Thursday, July 5, 2007

Insane Neighbors

Okay, am I the only person in the world with crazy neighbors? So, my husband and I along with our three year old daughter moved into our dream home last September. We took into account everything we could possibly think of like school district, commute, architecture and structure of the home, feng shui, backyard space......CLOSET SPACE, beautiful roomy kitchen...I mean everything except for our neighbors! When we first moved in it was like Stepford Wives they were unusually nice bringing over home baked pies (that of course we never ate), going out of their way (literally, she almost rammed her car into the light post one morning) just to say hello or wave, inviting us over (by invitation) for events and dance parties and my husband and I would be the only guests. Inviting themselves over uninvited to our dinner parties and birthday parties. Well, I guess those were the good old days. Maybe they're upset that we don't pay that much attention to them or something because over night they have turned into Satan's sister! The turn around slowly started around March or April. They used to hang outside in the front of their house all day(I truly believe they don't have jobs) doing nothing waiting for us to get home so they can start a long conversation....(you guess it) About Nothing! Now, when I pull up to my driveway they run in the house or rush to let the garage door down. (strange). They accused my husband two months ago of calling the city on them because they have their Christmas lights still hanging up. Oh okay. My husband sits in our garage (his man room) every night for at least 4 hours (by himself) playing Playstation and smoking cigarettes. Now does that sound like the type of guy that cares that it's April and you still have your Christmas lights up? I didn't think so. Now they have this huge scary pit bull and they every time they take him on a walk it just so happens that he stops in my yard under my tree to poop. One day I found him in my backyard viciously jumping on my screen door. We have 8 foot high brick walls, how did he get back there? Well, the latest scandal is yesterday was 4Th of July, so we went to visit our family for the day, swimming, barb-e-cuing doing fireworks the whole nine. When we returned home at 11p.m. we pull up only to find our neighbors on their driveway lighting fireworks all around my husbands car that was parked outside! So you tell me "WHY DO PEOPLE DO WHAT THEY DO"? Please get background checks on all your neighbors before you move! Feel free to comment on your insane neighbors. Or check back soon they may light our roof on fire next week.

No comments: