Friday, July 6, 2007

My so called life should be a reality show pilot

Ever since I started high school I have always thought my life should be filmed 24 hours a day 7 days a week (there were times my sister and I thought we were actually being filmed and recorded...but I'll get to that later).Places I have been and things I have experienced were always unbelievable to most people. Before I turned 18 years old I already have been to the Grammy Awards (seated floor level of course), 2 MTV Video Music Award Shows, BET Awards and countless Celebrity parties and private events. No one at school (or our family for that matter) ever believed me so I just stopped talking about it. My friends were my older sister Christy's friends. They were a group of beautiful, confident fearless girls (not to mention they were only a year or two older than me)who have never heard the word "NO". My sister in school was the sweet,soft spoken, quite, all around beautiful athletic type that never interrupted the teacher or disrespected the school staff. But somehow in between Thursday and Saturday she turned into a completely different person. With one five second phone call she would get us VIP into the hottest star studded events and parties that B list celebs only dream about. And this was every weekend for us. Christy just had that believable gift of BS! She never blinked or got choked up. She did though always have an incredible foreign accent(either British Indian (from Dubai) or just British (from London) and an amazing career, like I remember once she said she was a VP exec from Columbia Records. Sounds funny but it always worked! So, the night before the Grammys we found out about a huge record company party at SKY BAR inside Mondrian on Sunset Blvd., this was big because all the stars like Mariah, JLO, Diddy you name it were going to be there so of course Christy does her call and gets us on the list. But we had a big problem, our parents wouldn't let us use their car ( and we had to roll up in a flashy car or we just wouldn't go) and it was way to late of notice to rent a car, so at a last resort we thought hey lets call Harry (our older brother by two years), he worked for Toyota Distribution and could borrow a Lexus Range Rover, plus he never believes us anyway so let's just show him how we do it. To make a long story short my brother went to Hollywood that night(years ago)and never left(seriously)he never had more fun in his entire life. Celebrities were treating him like a celebrity. It was cool for my sister and I because now our family doesn't think we're crazy and we had a great night just the three of us. Tune in for a lot more of my so called life should be a reality show pilot, trust me, I have just begun to get started! If you have any great moments that people just say "Yeah Right" to then please share them on my comments page.

No comments: